So, I learned something new today, and I’ve only been awake for a short time! I learned about this thing called Web Bot, which, as I understand it is a software program that scans the internet for emotional ‘tags’ that, when combined together, can create a snapshot or prophecy of what’s to come.
The idea behind it is that the accumulation of many different tags from the internet combine to create stories, which in turn can predict events. The current ‘buzz’ about Web Bot is about some kind of world collapse, or end of the world in December 2012. It has supposedly accurately predicted Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.
I actually do believe in a universal consciousness. I think humans are animals too, and every animal species on the planet has some group behavior dynamic (but I’m not a scientist, so please feel free to refute this). It does seem plausible to me that before a natural disaster happens, many people will have vague feelings, just as dogs and other animals know when bad weather is coming.
The idea of Web Bot is intriguing, although I don’t know whether I believe in its accuracy or not. Skeptics point to the many failed predictions, but I’m not sure that I have a problem with that. I read or watched somewhere that the best psychics are only right 70% of the time, meaning 30% of the time they are absolutely wrong. On the other hand 70% is higher than 50% which, I imagine is the norm for nonpsychic people.
I’ll give my own prediction for 2012. The world will not end. Group paranoia may result in cult deaths, such as what happened at the close of the century, but I think we’ve seen a pattern of that any time something ‘big’ is supposed to happen.
How does anyone know what the world ending means anyway? I assume it means that people will cease to exist, but what about animals, plant life, the north and south poles? Fear of the world ending is no different than the fear of death.
Anyway, the Web Bot program is intriguing, and if it is able to tap into universal consciousness by accessing emotional terms on the internet, it at least seems slightly viable (IF you believe in a universal consciousness), that it could collect data that could point to big weather phenomenons.
Anyway, I guess we won’t know until 2012. Hope to see you then.